[Xen-users] using nvidia binary (rebased openSUSE Xen dom0 Patches)

To: andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] using nvidia binary (rebased openSUSE Xen dom0 Patches)
From: listmail <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:25:03 -0400
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:26:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy,
First, thanks for posting the patches.  I've compiled, using your patches
(@http://gentoo-xen-kernel.googlecode.com/files/xen-patches-2.6.31-14.tar.bz2),
on vanilla 2.6.31.12 but I've
tried two versions of the driver binary (latest and 190.53) and keep getting a
unknown symbol init_mm error on
modprobe.  Can you elaborate on steps you take to get the binaries working and
what binary version you use?

I think this issue has something to do with init_mm no longer being exported
since 2.6.26 yet there are still
references in include/linux/sched.h and mach-xen includes like pagetable.h
which are being pulled in during the
binary compile process.  I'm not really sure there, but thought maybe you had
an extra patch or something.

TIA for any information on this :)

/ What .config do you use with these 2.6.32 rebased openSUSE Xen dom0 patches/
/ so I can preform a diff against the SLED 11 sp1 xen 2.6.32 kernel/
/ configuration before compilation./

I made my config from scratch by starting with the defaults and
working through menuconfig, I've attached a copy which is for a
supermicro x7dwa-n system, note that there are some options you will
need to remove such as
CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="/usr/share/v86d/initramfs which is there
because I use with uvesa-fb (it works with nvidia binary drivers) for
graphical framebuffer console support.

Andy