Re: [Xen-users] RHEL xen vs kvm

To: Arpan Jindal <jindalarpan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RHEL xen vs kvm
From: Nathan Stratton <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:27:33 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:29:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Arpan Jindal wrote:

I have been using Xen on RHEL from last 3+ years but today i was seeing some
one using KVM on RHEL and, that lead me to ask all which one is better and
how .

so basically i mean to ask what features xen does have over KVM if any or
both same ?

Today as far as features they are about the same. I still love Xen, but we moved production from all xen boxes to OpenVZ/KVM boxes. We found that OpenVZ does a MUCH better job with our para workloads. The KVM change came simple because it is part of newer kernels and that makes it easier to integrate OpenVZ in rather then trying to get OpenVZ and Xen patches to play nice on newer kernels.

<>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com