Re: [Xen-users] Difference between file and tap:aio

To: Tegger <xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Difference between file and tap:aio
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:39:40 +0700
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:40:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Tegger <xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would file: really have a better performance than phy: ?

If your working set is smaller than dom0 memory, then yes. This is due
to dom0 caching effect.

> I am planing to use
> a own partition for my Windows HVM Domain, cause in the fact you going to
> use a Filesystem in a filesystem, so this need more time than only "one"
> filesystem i think.....

functionality-wise, there's nothing "wrong" about have a domU
filesystem on top of a disk image file on top of dom0 filesystem.
I'd stick with phy:/ though, due to (generally) more performance and reliablity.

--
Fajar