Re: [Xen-users] Can't access xen machines via vpn connection

To: john ewing <j.ewing@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Can't access xen machines via vpn connection
From: Luca Sironi <luca@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:01:03 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:02:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi John,
i've got a system similar (but not identical) to your.
In fact i've got openvpn running on the dom0 and thus serving also the
domU and the rest of the lan (another physical server)

- check that the dom0 has ip_forwarding enabled (sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward)
- check as well to have a return static route on all the servers you
want to reach trough openvpn

for example on my openvpn server.conf i've got

server 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0

and my return static route for all the domU is something like

route add -net 192.168.3.0 192.168.100.5

where 192.168.100.5 is the private ip of my dom0/openvpn server

hope it helps

BR
Luca
--