[Xen-users] Re: Input from xen hosting providers?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Input from xen hosting providers?
From: Brandon Lamb <brandonlamb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:41:39 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:42:59 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=/tV7+i12nZ67RUZc0jplygIvmtqJMnV0gzpWY5TbGR0=; b=ROklljgd0yi/UMmK7q444wvsyF9htvH9VDhRq+DqK2fqyZWqFKEsjdVU93YBzPdmgI igdAwYF8dkR++L+SDZ5CCwgTuj05dAN3ws+MTt5dUbBb3R0IFdKxGiKP54T5QVfYSLln 4NGCx+Xi7wbsLnN3++vQr5IHF2RsskWDNQXeQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have also been battling with a lot of "well vmware already does
that, its working on the box he has setup right now, why dont we just
run that".

Today i saw that vmware apparently has some builtin clustering system,
so you can create a virtual disk and attach it to multiple clients? I
didnt really have a quick xen solution for that.

Also another note, is there a list (whether one point or twenty) on
WHY would you run xen instead of vmware? Xen gets better performance?
Is that the only reason? vmware has this, and that, pretty gui,
builtin virtual disk clustering, blah blah, I dont even know what
else.

I need some more ammunition for tomorrow when we resume our discussion
and hopefully dont end up wrestling in the parking lot...