[Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [Fedora-ia64-list] content removed from cowboyhatli

To: ia64 Fedora Core Development <fedora-ia64-list@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [Fedora-ia64-list] content removed from cowboyhatlinux.org site
From: Zoran Popović <shoom013@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:59:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:59:32 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=6sYkp8sN6SQTg4nAN/ZLY2JkAX+wOjAdt5f6Tr6/AIU=; b=jJJeTVz41rKBIXAnfaJZtymFt4E1ZiOYy7Bzo5rUuLQfjnXi0/BBwZGS3k5b2mNorN hPs6t1z7E3biu5JHLEJ26QjhkxUAUr7tQWBEPutNJgB4XipCnETZNbH7BcunZaTTv3fJ pWnoMADPE15EY+EMsHEw1Crc6CmsrGoyQUeDY=
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maybe I should have followed these signals earlier, my response is really slow ... but I didn't have clear picture about how the whole thing works among involved vendors and their interests, and I simply couldn't devote my time enough for this even if I knew. So, almost a year later Red Hat decided to abandon Itanium and Xen (will it change much after Tukwila ?) ... when you say Debian, you mean Suse, and it hasn't got Xen on IA64 yet - maybe it will have it in the future ? HP is not just more Debian-centric, it develops low sensitivity towards linux and open source in general. Recent advance about HP's BladeSystem (Matrix) SIM s/w infrastructure includes support for Hyper-V, VMWare and XenServer virtualization platforms - KVM or Xen not even announced, but OS support remains (RHEL, Suse). On the other hand, I am interested in SAP (also supports RHEL and Suse, and Xen, too) and Oracle roadmaps which still welcome Linux and open source as critical business models. For me it is not option to leave Itanium at the moment, and I would like to see what is the future of Xen and Linux commercial distros on it in future. Here is what I have at the moment, more will follow on soon:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17592

ZP.