Re: [Xen-users] second NIC MAC address for domU

To: "Jonathan M. McCune" <jonmccune@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] second NIC MAC address for domU
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:15:36 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 02:16:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Jonathan M. McCune <jonmccune@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have an existing DHCP entry for the MAC address of
> eth1, so assigning a different MAC to the virtual NIC in my domU and
> bridging that to eth1 within dom0 is an issue for me.

The "correct" way to do that is by assigning a new MAC address to
domU, and ask your network admins to modify DHCP assignment.

If you're stuck with wanting that MAC on domU, then you can change the
NIC's MAC address on dom0 before putting it on the bridge. Something
like

ip link set eth0 address 00:16:3E:9d:77:76

then you can use the original MAC address for domU.

--
Fajar