RE: [Xen-users] private interconnect problem

Thanks Fajar for your replies.
You have correctly understood the problem. Actually this is my home network (and I'm newbie admin) so I have to do everything.
Are you suggesting to replace the switch with router and configure it for private vlan?

Thanks again... Javed

> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:28:01 +0700
> Subject: Re: [Xen-users] private interconnect problem
> From: fajar@xxxxxxxxx
> To: jia786@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Javed Asif <jia786@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > OK I have established 2 VLANs.
> > One public 192.168.1.1 using router as shown in attached diagram.
> > Other private VLAN using a switch.
> > Now Dom0 and aasbanas can ping on private VLAN. But dom0 and aasbanas can't
> > ping ebdb1-priv and ebdb2-priv and vice versa.
>
> so at this time aasbanas and dom0 (which are on the same VLAN) can
> ping each other, and the *-priv (which are on the same VLAN, but
> different from aasbanas VLAN) can ping each other as well?
>
> If yes, then you need a router to connect aasbanas vlan and -priv
> vlan. Ask your network guys for details.
>
> --
> Fajar

All your Hotmail contacts on your phone. Try it now.