[Xen-users] Xen4 Roadmap/Wishlist items & Xen4 release candidate

To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen4 Roadmap/Wishlist items & Xen4 release candidate
From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 02:36:39 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 17:37:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

can one of you tell me if some of the roadmap/wishlist items have made
it into Xen4?
The wiki page seems to deeply need some update to reflect the 4.x status.

What I'm mostly concerned with are the Infiniband RDMA failover bits.

The network connection I'm using is 10(boo) and 20Gbit(yay)/s
Infiniband, which already comes with a twentyfold bandwith
bump over gigE, but obviously the highest of failover speed gains will
come from using RDMA - the final copy-over-memory
step will either be non-existant, or at least too short to even measure.

It was one of the most-wanted items on the list, so I hope someone has
information on whether it will be in Xen4.

Why I'm so keen about it:
At work we use a few 32gb hosts with XE and to be honest I wouldn't be
able to live with such long durations for failovers in my new setup,
I'm facing failovers of up to 100 vm's per physical node, or maybe
even over 1k per blade chassis. And I think they should be done before
my working day ends :))))

Best wishes,
florian

--
'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'