Re: [Xen-users] Problem with some win3k3 domUs since crash [resolved -

To: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem with some win3k3 domUs since crash [resolved - removed gplpv]
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:30:31 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 20:31:06 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 3:58 AM, James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have a generic win2k3 "image" that I use. I copy it, bring up the
>> domU, rename it, and assign static IP, and I have a new windows domU.

> Not sure why, but somehow GPLPV drivers got hosed on these domUs. I
> believe I had version 0.9.10 installed. Manually removing them seemed to
> fix it. Not sure what performance implications this will have, but at
> least the systems are up now.

I used to have some problems with 0.9.x, in that sometime the cloned
domU will be corrupt. The work around at that time was to boot first
disabling GPLPV, and enable it on second boot. Haven't had a problem
since.

Anyway, since 0.9.x is pretty old, you might have better luck with
0.11.x series.

--
Fajar