Re: [Xen-users] 2.6.31.6 pv_ops can't boot pv_ops DomU kernel

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:55:56AM +0100, Stefan Kuhne wrote:

> "xm list":
>
> maxdata # xm list
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0   738     2     r-----
>   53.3
> Test-Eis2                                    2   256     1     -b----
>    3.9
> maxdata #

Ok so it just stays there.. does Time(s) increase for it?

> "xm log":
>
> [2010-01-29 10:47:00 3657] INFO (XendDomain:1206) Domain Test-Eis2 (2)
> unpaused.

So it doesn't crash.. it's running.

> I'know what an initrd is for.
>
> I ask for what tools / modules DomU needs.
> As i told, i build Kernel and initrd my self.

Ok. Well, basicly you need to have xenblk loaded in the domU,
so it can see the xvd disks.

But this was already OK, your log was showing it detected
the disks.

Does your domU kernel have/load the driver for the root filesystem?

You should add debugging echos "loading module blah", "setting up root fs",
"switching to real root" etc to the initrd so we can see where it fails..

-- Pasi