Re: [Xen-users] add disk to domU online

To: Aclhk Aclhk <aclhkaclhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] add disk to domU online
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:25:26 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:26:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2010/1/22 Aclhk Aclhk <aclhkaclhk@xxxxxxxxx>

> could we add a file image, block device or lvm to domU while it is running
> without restarting?

Use "xm block-attach", and edit domU config file afterwards (if you
still you file-based domU config) to make it permanent.
Should work great with PV domUs.

There are cases when you have to reboot the domU anyway though, since
the driver installation of a new disk on domU OS could require reboot.
One example is when using Windows + GPLPV.

--
Fajar