RE: [Xen-users] XCP - GFS - ISCSI

To: 'menox menox' <menox.menox@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] XCP - GFS - ISCSI
From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:11:38 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:22:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Instead of creating an SR with ‘type=iscsi’, use ‘type=lvmoiscsi’ instead. This will create an LVM volume group on the iSCSI LUN where guest disks (VDIs) will be LVs.

The ‘iscsi’ SR type is intended for ‘LUN per VDI’ e.g. in a situation where you have data already on a LUN and you want to attach it directly to a guest. Normally XCP uses LVM to share one LUN amongst many guests.

Consider also setting your Pool default SR to point to the new shared storage:

# xe pool-param-set uuid=<uuid> default-SR=<sr-uuid> suspend-image-SR=<sr-uuid>

Cheers,

Dave