RE: [Xen-users] iSCSI Volumes and Xen

> If it were my data, I'd do conventional backups.

That's what we do, as well.  I have tried filesystem snapshots, and they work,
but it's much harder to document for other SA's.  Everyone understands the
concept of traditional backup mechanisms, though, so that's what I stick with.

The exception to this is that I will on occasion take a disk image during a
maintenance cycle - that way, I have a good, existing environment I can restore
a backup into - or that I can use to create the domU in a test environment and
test DR procedures, patches, configurations, etc.  My process for that is
shutdown, create snapshot, boot domU, use dd to copy the snapshot to a file,
delete snapshot.

Best Regards,
Nathan Eisenberg