Re: [Xen-users] Install CentOS as Dom-U

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Daniel Lam <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I don't understand thou, is that if a kernel parameter is
> specified in the Domain Config File, does it mean the kernel
> inside domU will not be used? As the kernel param specifies
> a file in dom0.

Sort of.
The kernel line in domU config file specifies what "program" would be
loaded/executed initially in domU. This can be a PV kernel (like in
your debian example), hvmloader (in HVM domU), or a bootloader (like
pv-grub). Depending on what the kernel is, it might in turn use a
kernel inside domU (like in the case of hvmloader or pv-grub).

> Yes I found that convenient too. However Debian does not give
> an up-to-date Xen version, so I'm using CentOS instead.
> Does anyone know if CentOS have a xen-tools like util?

virt-install can be used to create Centos domUs.
There's also yum, which can function like debootstrap.

--
Fajar