[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] SLA Monitoring of XEN DomU's

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 15:11 +0000, Ahmad Hassan wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. So I can use either use SNMP monitoring using
> CACTI or http://www.pmacct.net for Network traffic monitoring of
> DomU's.
>
> What about CPU availability guarantees for DomU's?
>
> By SLA guarantees, I mean to say that Whether I can proof and show to
> the owner of DomU's that you are getting the exact bandwidth and CPU
> you asked for.

To do that, give them root access to dom-0 and let them see their
running configuration.

Beyond that, there is no proof that can't be tainted. Welcome to
hosting :)

How would you give someone proof that they are one of only five accounts
on a shared server?

You might want to encourage clients to monitor iowait while doing brief
disk operations (i.e. dd) if they are morbidly curious, provided that
the backing storage is fast enough to keep up with the vcpus that xen is
presenting.

BTW, removing xen-devel from the CC list, this is strictly a question
for xen-users.

Cheers,
--Tim