RE: [Xen-users] Bluescreen with Latest GPLPV on Windows Server 2008 R2on

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Bluescreen with Latest GPLPV on Windows Server 2008 R2on XEN3.4.1
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:34:31 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:35:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> James: Is it possible to detect (in the installer) if testsigning has
> been already enabled? Stopping the installer if there's no testsigning enabled
> would be better than a bluescreen..

If it can be detected via a usermode API then it should be possible. A quick
google and search of the registry doesn't show anything obvious though...

I'm looking at how to put xenpci and xenvbd into the CriticalDeviceDatabase so
that as long as the drivers are installed, Windows can make the system boot
even if it's never seen the device before. That might help prevent leaving you
with an unbootable system but I'm not sure if it has any other implications...

James