RE: [Xen-users] Scary!!! Lost domU!!!

To: "Madison Kelly" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "James Pifer" <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Scary!!! Lost domU!!!
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 11:51:27 +1100
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:52:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> A note on LVM though; if you cluster it, it won't do LVM snapshots. I
> found this out late in the game, and had to create secondary partitions
> in the actual VM to use for snapshotting. I got luck that I had the
> space to do this, as I hadn't planned for it. That said, it's been a
> so-far successful setup.

Is there any word on clustered LVM and snapshotting? Is it ever going to happen
or are there fundamental reasons why it won't work?

When I was first tinkering with it, probably 5 years ago, I somehow managed to
make a snapshot on a clustered LVM setup and boy did it blow up in my face!!! A
word of advice - don't do that :)

James