[Xen-users] Xen and High Availibilty

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen and High Availibilty
From: Gopi Here <gopihere@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:23:52 +0530 (IST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:54:36 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ymail.com; s=s1024; t=1262282032; bh=1l2EHAMa8m/9FbbluYNBZNNz4npveOALVU3NKav7N6s=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=KMC8i8pRmKv5MwbC7pJ8jWWHTecPHyzNw5EfuKJ+uZxjrOLEmCou2OJgGgTji8I2TXCpZ5KpJLIThaMghlhqP+PrRgJg1dOV8gUi53wU/jAWsNBfekX7zXboJ692kHLDudyfSSC9/AJea+9XTN85Z5NoOfcwU0I6opVck+IxtEU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I have two doubts regarding XEN installation.
1.  I'm  planning to install XEN in a hardware node in such a manner that, the VM's in it will take the space from a SAN storage. But my doubt is that, in the above case, can we configure in such a manner that the OS files of VM should remain in the hardware node itself and only the data ( html files and mysql databases) go to the SAN. If it can be configured like this, is that easy to do so. Or else, do we need to put both the OS files and data files of the VM in the SAN storage?

2. I have also a plan to implement HA for the hardware node. If so, how I can do that.
I mean do I need to setup two servers with XEN virtualisation and make one as the HA of other? If so, how will be the VM;s working from HA, when the main node goes down?

I'll be so happy if you ppl can shed some light on this. I'm a newbie to XEN. So please excuse if my question is a simple one.

Thanks,
Gopihere.