Re: [Xen-users] Memory problems persist... Cannot allocate memory

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Memory problems persist... Cannot allocate memory
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:45:13 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 06:45:56 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> How do you check this 'free memory'? from dom0, or from Xen hypervisor
> "xm info" ?

Yes, from xm info.

> Have you dedicated memory to dom0? ie. have you specified dom0_mem=512M
> (or whatever you need) in grub.conf for xen.gz ?

Yes:
kernel /boot/xen.gz  dom0_mem=2048M

> In addition to dom0_mem for Xen hypervisor, you should also have
> dom0-min-mem= specified in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp to prevent dom0 from
> being ballooned down.

# dom0-min-mem is the lowest permissible memory level (in MB) for dom0.
# This is a minimum both for auto-ballooning (as enabled by
# enable-dom0-ballooning below) and for xm mem-set when applied to dom0.
(dom0-min-mem 512)

# Whether to enable auto-ballooning of dom0 to allow domUs to be
created.
# If enable-dom0-ballooning = no, dom0 will never balloon out.
(enable-dom0-ballooning no)

Should this match the mem set at the kernel level or is this ok?

Thanks,
James