[Xen-users] RE: Xen Cloud Platform, Lost VMs

To: 'Vern Burke' <vburke@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: Xen Cloud Platform, Lost VMs
From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:55:13 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:58:52 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Vern,

If you can discover the VDI uuids (using 'xe vdi-list' or looking at the VHD
filenames) then you can (for each VHD/VM)

* create a new blank VM

# VM=$(xe vm-install template='Other install media' new-name-label=foo)

* reattach the VDI to the VM using

# xe vbd-create vm-uuid=$VM vdi-uuid=... device=0

* restart the VM

# xe vm-start uuid=$VM

Cheers,
Dave