[Xen-users] SIT tunnel weirdness

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] SIT tunnel weirdness
From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:55:34 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:01:15 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having some problems setting up IPv6 on a domU and don't know what's
going on. It seems SIT tunnel packets are disappearing in the routing
between dom0 and domU.
dom0 is a Debian Lenny (2.6.26-2-xen-amd64) and one domU is running
Gentoo. All the domUs I'm using so far have their own public IP but I'd
like to keep the option of adding more so I'm using routed networking,
so far w/o any further iptables setup as net.ipv4.ip_forward already
made everything work as intended, including an OpenVPN server on this
domU. Now I'd like to connect this same domU via IPv6 using Hurricane
Electric's tunnel broker. Everything is set up the way it's documented
on HE's site and how it worked on another box before. I can see my "he6"
PtP device with correct IPv4 local/peer addresses and IPv6 address set
up, but when I try to ping the other side I get 100% packet loss. A
tcpdump on dom0's eth0 shows the tunnel packets with ICMPv6 payload
going out, and answers coming in just fine---just that the answers never
reach the domU, i.e. they're gone when I tcpdump on the vif interface.
Is this a XEN bug (I realize the kernel is oldish...) or am I missing
something here?

cheers,
        Matthias