Re: [Xen-users] No filesystem could mount root

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 1:56 AM, jonas kellens <jonas.kellens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is mostly for installing Windows from cdrom and so I thought I had it
> adapted to my Endian installation.

Apparently there's where it went wrong :D

> I want to install endian firewall, which I need to install from cdrom or
> iso-mage.

For starters, I suggest you use the same method that you found to
install Windows, and use it to install your firewall. The resulting
domU will be a HVM domU, and will be unsuitable for production
purposes (due to high disk/network I/O penalty), but at least it will
get you the hang of things. If all goes well you'll have a working HVM
domU which works, but (probably) slow.

After that, I suggest you try installing a PV Centos domU using
virt-manager. It would give you an insight on how a PV domU would
perform (which should be better than HVM), as well as its
configuration file, while at the same time still gives you the GUI
similar to virtualbox that you're used to.

Last, you need to find a way to convert your HVM endian domU to PV.
This may or may not be possible (I haven't use endian firewall, so I
can't comment about it much), and the ammount of effort may vary.

For comparison purposes, converting a Ubuntu Karmic HVM domU to PV
only requires editing some config files, while converting a Centos
domU also requires both editing config files and installing another
package (kernel-xen).

--
Fajar