Re: [Xen-users] Newbie network configuration

To: jonas kellens <jonas.kellens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Newbie network configuration
From: Mike Lovell <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:32:45 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:33:24 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jonas kellens wrote:
eth0 is connected to the internet, and I want the interface of my xen vm to be directly connected to the internet.
So I state : vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=eth0' ]
which should mean that the virtual network interface of my endian-vm is connected with the 'real' network interface eth0 of dom0 and traffic flowing into eth0 is passed to my endian-vm.

I don't specify an IP-address because I get one through dhcp (of my isp).

you need to configure the vm to connect its virtual interface to a bridge interface. eth0 is not a bridge interface. try changing your config so that is has bridge=xenbr0.

mike