Re: [Xen-users] Kernel panic

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:04 AM, virtualroot <virtualroot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, we have Xen 3.1.2 installed on Debian 5.0.3 machine and the
> domU runs CentOS release 5.3 with Cpanel

> kernel      = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64'

First of all, if you're running all Centos domUs, it'd be easier to
simply use Centos as dom0 as well. My production system runs RHEL 5.4
as both dom0 and domU, works great.

Second, Xen 3.1.2 is somewhat old, as does kernel 2.6.26. I'm not sure
that's maintained anymore. You might have better luck updateing both
Xen and dom0 kernel. Might need to manually compile though.

Latest release of Xen is 3.4.2, with the official 2.6.18 kernel. I
hear that Suse's 2.6.29 kernel (like from http://x17.eu/xen/) also
works great (better than 2.6.30 or 2.6.31).

--
Fajar