Re: [Xen-users] how to create XEN config file of running domU?

To: "xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rudi Ahlers" <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to create XEN config file of running domU?
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:08:50 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 10:10:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can use "xm list -l" to dump the configuration in SXP format; then you
should be able to use "xm new" or "xm create" with the "-F" option to load an
SXP-based config file.  See the "xm" man page for more info - that's where I
dug up this.

-Nick

>>> On 2009/12/03 at 15:04, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use FluidVM on some of our VPS host nodes, and the management server
> has crashed, so now I need to recover the running VM's, somehow.
> FluidVM deploys the domU's on the hostnode dynamically from a
> database, i.e. there's no /etc/xen/vps1 (for example) config files.
> The domU's are still running on the servers, and I now want to create
> config files for them, while they're running.
>
> How would I be able todo this?
>
> For example, here's a list of running VM's from one of the servers:
>
> root@usaxen02:[~]$ xm list
> Name                                      ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State   Time(s)
> AndriesBurger_39_cronos          90      255     1 -b----     42.4
> Bruce_18_carmen                     60      255     1 r----- 3528327.5
> Domain-0                                  0     3433     4 r----- 1116681.7
> Rudi_14_mars                           40     3007     2 -b---- 953036.3
> Rudi_44_vps2                           93      255     1 -b----     22.9
>

> Is there any way to create a config file,
> /etc/xen/AndriesBurger_39_cronos, from the running domU
> AndriesBurger_39_cronos ?

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.