[Xen-users] loop-module will not load

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] loop-module will not load
From: Christian Kniep <ChristianKniep@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:17:11 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:48:13 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I Send this email yesterday, but didn`t receive it. Hopefully I am not bothering anyone... Otherwise sorry...
-------------------
Hi there,

after having an huge amount of my mailspace filled with xen-ML-mails I will stand up and send one request of my own... :)

I have installed a debian-lenny with xen 3.4.2 like I describe in the attached pdf.
Extract:
aptitude install libsdl-dev libxcb-xv0-dev automake git-core mercurial gawk \
libssl-dev libx11-dev gettext bcc libncurses5-dev build-essential libqt3-mt-dev \
gettext libssl-dev bin86 python-openssl python-gobject-dev python-dev bridge-utils

xen-3.4.2
$ make install-xen
$ make install-tools
$ make install-stubdom

cd /usr/src/
hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-2.6.27-xen.hg
cd linux-2.6.27-xen.hg
make O=~/build/linux-2.6.27-xen/ menuconfig
config kernel

make -j2 && make modules_install && make install && depmod 2.6.27.5 && update-initramfs -c -k 2.6.27.5 && reboot

========
An error I don`t expect is that I am not able to load the loop-module without force
---
chieftec:~# modprobe loop
FATAL: Error inserting loop (/lib/modules/2.6.27.5/kernel/drivers/block/loop.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
chieftec:~# modprobe -f loop
chieftec:~#
---
This issue I adressed in the german debian-forum with additional logs, I'll see what comes up.
http://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=116231

Sounds that familiar to anyone? I guess there is some strange module-version-stuff going on.

Thanks in advance
Christian