RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV and vcpu more than 8

To: "Andris" <spameris@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV and vcpu more than 8
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 23:06:53 +1100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 04:07:41 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello,
>  im testing possiblity to move server to xen, but have problem with
gplpv. I
> have server 4 x Xeon quad core, so i have 4 processors and 16 cores
togather.
> Xen version 3.4.1. I installed Windows 2008 server x64 standart first
without
> gplpv and in task manager i can see 16 processors.  When i installed
gplpv
> 0.10.0.138 it not starts anymore. Server not crash, but not boot to
end. It
> not move past that black screen with microsoft logo. When i set vcpu
less than
> 8 than everythink works fine.

Are you able to test a Windows 2003 server with 16 cores?

Microsoft made some changes to the way processors are reported under
2008 and I suspect that I'm not doing something right there, but I need
to know if it affects 2003 as well - it's easier for me to test 2003 if
the problem is there.

James