Re: [Xen-users] Installation of DomU fails from a working TFTP in virt-

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Tapas Mishra <tapas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok but then from where do I get that http images that you are
> referring to

Not http image. http install server.
Example of http mirror for Centos that can be used by virt-install:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/i386/

> I want to do and is there any way I can save my bandwidth
> on Internet which will be used in installations so that I can also
> install from the CDROM ISO which I am already having.

if you have the DVD iso, you can just create a local http server with
httpd and make the files available, for example by mounting the ISO
under /var/www/html/centos. You can then access it using
http://your_server_ip_address/centos (when using default httpd
settings).

Creating http install server from CDROM ISO is possible,  but slightly
harder. You need to create a special directory structure. For example,
CD1 iso is mounted on /var/www/html/centos/CD1, CD2 is mounted on
/var/www/html/centos/CD2, and so on.

--
Fajar