[Xen-users] Xen with Broadcom Tigon3 BCM5704

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen with Broadcom Tigon3 BCM5704
From: Vern Burke <vburke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:42:22 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:43:29 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Loading Xen up on a server with 2 of these GbE adapters. I'm using the first one as the main interface and the second one for the NFS storage network. When things are running, I can see xenbr0 and pif shows it attached to eth0, although I don't see any peth0 or vif0.0. I can connect to the main address on the machine without any problem. The trouble is VMs. The VMs show up with the proper vifs attaching to xenbr0, if the IP address is entered statically on the VM other devices on the network can get ARP responses for the VMs MAC, if the VM is set to DHCP, DHCP requests make it out to the network. The problem is that nothing ever makes it back to the VM. The VM ignores pings and DHCP responses. Do I have something fouled in the config or is this maybe an issue with the hardware?

Vern

--
Vern Burke

SwiftWater Telecom