Re: [Xen-users] Time diferrence between dom0 and domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Time diferrence between dom0 and domU
From: Bartosz Lis <bartoszl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:11:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:12:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dnia wtorek, 10 listopada 2009 o 22:03:23 Matthieu Patou napisał(a):
> Hello Jordi,
> I noticed the same problem and that's pretty nasty on HVM host running
> windows as the system can't login on domain by defaut due to too big
> time drift.
>
> I worked around by adding ~ 6 minutes to the time of the domU at startup.

Matthieu,

It looks like your xen wallclock differs ~6 min from dom0 time. This
difference may change slightly but noticeably after some time, say, a month.
Better workaround would be synchronizing your windows to some NTP server. See
the discussion on xen-devel:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-11/msg00505.html

Regards,

--