[Xen-users] Serial port between HVM domUs?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Serial port between HVM domUs?
From: Allan Graves <allan.graves@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:41:40 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 13:43:14 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi -
I'd like to set up a serial port line between 2 of my domUs. They are HVM Win2k3 machines I want to use for kernel debugging.

I've found some tutorials, but they rely on the Windows Guest being able to use a 3rd party program which sends serial port traffic to the net.

This won't work for kernel debugging, for obvious reasons.

I think I can do this with netcat on the dom0 host, but I'm not sure how to get the domU config setup to hook into the socket\file I create on the domU so that netcat can route the traffic between each domU.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Allan