Re: [Xen-users] HELP! Cannot install Windows 2008 R2 in Xen

To: "Thimo E." <abc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] HELP! Cannot install Windows 2008 R2 in Xen
From: Matthias Reif <mattreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 11:13:12 +1100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:14:00 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/11/2009 10:38:53 AM:

> Hello everyone,
>
> at the moment I despair at attempting to install Windows 2008 R2 in Xen.
>
> I've already found some posts from Robbie Garrett (*1), he seems to have
> the same problem:
>
>             The installer keeps saying that a "CD/DVD device driver is
> missing" and doesn't want to proceed...
>
> My OS: 64 Bit Centos 5.4,  Gitcos Xen 3.4.1
> Cannot find anything special in the xen logfile. Installation of all
> other OSes, including Windows 7, works without problems.
> Already tried setting acpi on/off, apic on/off, pae on/off, disk/cdrom
> with ioemu and without...
>
> Are there any success stories of Windows 2008 R2 installation under
> CentOS ? Or does anybody have some hints how to get 2008R2 installed ?
>
> Best regards
>   Thimo

I had the same problem installing 2008 R2 on Xen 3.4.1 / CentOS 5.3. The problem turned out to be a corrupt install ISO and nothing to do with Xen. I downloaded the ISO again and it installed without a problem.

Thanks
Matthias

SOUTH PACIFIC SEEDS
PO Box 934, GRIFFITH N.S.W. 2680. AUSTRALIA
Phone:
02 6962 7333      Fax: 02 6964 1311

CAUTION: The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential. If you are reading this message and you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of all or part of the contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any opinions or views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not represent those of their employer.