[Xen-users] How do you insert a dual ported Fibre Channel device directl

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] How do you insert a dual ported Fibre Channel device directly into a VM?
From: "Ron Earwood" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:11:08 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:13:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

While it was fairly easy to take either the quad-port 1Gb or the dual-port 10Gb Intel Ethernet adapter and place it into the VM using pcibind, trying to do the same with a dual-ported Fiber Channel HBA (QLogic) isn’t quite as easy.  While it seems that the primary port of the HBA may be working, the secondary port fails.  We suspect that the issue may have to do with the on-board memory not being mapped correctly but that’s pure conjecture.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ron Earwood