From: Javier Guerra [mailto:javier@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 2:20 PM
To: Joseph Coleman
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN and Clustering SLES11

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Joseph Coleman
<joe.coleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But I should be able to just use an NFS mount from a NetApp san correct or
> does it have to be a Iscsi  volume?

yes, NFS does work if you store image files.  iSCSI (or AoE,
FibreChannel, nbd, etc.) is needed if you want block-based images.

usually, image files over NFS is at the bottom of the performance
options; but a good NetApp is among the very few that can actually
deliver adequate results.

--
Javier