Re: [Xen-users] xen cpu affinity, ie; pinning cpus

Hi,

Yes, i read several article about having dom0 pinned to 1 cpu.

Funny thing is that I do this via xend-config-sxp and grub-conf but xm vcpu-list still shows dom0 as "any" under affinity column.

When I run xm vcpu-pin Domain-0 0 0, xm vcpu-list then shows "0" under the affinity column until I reboot.

Any ideas?

- Brian

On Oct 21, 2009, at 11:17 PM, Pekka.Panula@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> You need to set this in your kernel config as well as xend-config.sxp, eg.
> add the following to your kernel line in grub.conf:

> dom0_max_vcpus=2

For best practices use, is it better to limit dom0 cpu count to 1? Eg. if i have 2*quad core, is there harm to let dom-0 to see all cpus or is it best to limit dom-0 count to for example to 1 cpu?
I am currently limiting dom0 memory to 512MB using dom0_mem parameter, i also set sched credit schedurer weight to 6000 for dom-0 and for DomU's i keep weight atm at 256.
I would like to know how you are doing things, eg. pinning, dom-0 cpu count, dom-0 memory limits and weight distribution?

Terveisin/Regards,
  Pekka Panula, Sofor Oy - Jatkuvat palvelut