Re: [Xen-users] rebased opensuse 2.6.31 xen patches

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] rebased opensuse 2.6.31 xen patches
From: Stefan Kuhne <stefan.kuhne@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:04:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 02:05:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andrew Lyon schrieb:
Hi,

> I have rebased the latest opensuse 2.6.31 xen dom0 patches so that
> they apply to the vanilla kernel cleanly, you can get the patches and
> a gentoo ebuild from
> http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list , non gentoo
> users simply apply them in numeric order.

i've Problems with booting this Kernel.
So i try a clean .config and only enable Dom0 support.
Then i get:
LD      vmlinux.o
  MODPOST vmlinux.o
WARNING: vmlinux.o (__xen_guest): unexpected non-allocatable section.
Did you forget to use "ax"/"aw" in a .S file?
Note that for example <linux/init.h> contains
section definitions for use in .S files.

WARNING: modpost: Found 2 section mismatch(es).
To see full details build your kernel with:
'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
ld: kernel image bigger than KERNEL_IMAGE_SIZE
ld: kernel image bigger than KERNEL_IMAGE_SIZE
make[1]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

I've got this error with many Xen Kernels.

Regards,
Stefan Kuhne