Re: [Xen-users] switching kernel from dom0 to guest with pv-grub

To: Mark Chaney <macscr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] switching kernel from dom0 to guest with pv-grub
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:51:50 +0300
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:52:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 02:17:52PM -0500, Mark Chaney wrote:
>    anyone know of any type of instructions/howto for converting a quest from
>    using the dom0 kernel to something like pygrub or even better, pv-grub? Im
>    using CentOS as the dom0 and guest if that makes a diff.

You could install a new guest with virt-install or virt-manager and
check the generated config file :)

virt-* installed centos/rhel/fedora PV guests use pygrub as a default.

Basicly it just means replacing the kernel/ramdisk/root/extra lines from
the cfgfile by bootloader= line.

-- Pasi