Re: [Xen-users] Debian 64bits DomU

To: Boris Quiroz <boris.quiroz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian 64bits DomU
From: Edson Marquezani Filho <edsonmarquezani@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:37:34 -0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:38:21 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=tq9bMfYo1+pvDRg3ZqlQzp3RRiEHi81FaZyNb46wuK8=; b=GeaX4vbMuKpaOWV7VY7AY/hRi1gejJWNBTkVnaZFH6iRUD6J4YuSv4S0p22law2WiY GfLNVOYXzBOFxpV3tISfYaOxV5UBsaOEHjNBWjk5l5hCgVXaRVOfgWEcSasfAhSm1pk1 PbtnPZdtwh65YmBpwi9zU09eFQeQIDtJZgbQQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:02, Boris Quiroz <boris.quiroz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I want to create a Debian Domu but I need it with 64bits kernel. I'm using
> [1] to create 32bits DomU's and now I need a 64bits. I've been googling
> around for a 64bits xen installer, but I couldn't find it. Is there any
> 64bits installer for xen?
> I think I'll have to install the DomU using HVM, but I think it might be
> another option.

I guess the most common way would be that. Install whatever Debian
domU you want as full-virtualized, and next install the xen-kernel via
aptitude/apt-get, and change your domU configuration to
para-virtualized with pygrub. Quite simple.

This link[1] explains how to install Debian as HVM. You can change
your domU config as shown here[2]. (Sorry, it's in portuguese, but
this is the only reference I have here.)

Good luck. =)

[1]
http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-run-fully-virtualized-guests-hvm-with-xen-3.2-on-debian-lenny-x86_64
[2]