[Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.4.0 boot failure

To: mangel@xxxxxx, au@xxxxxxx, martti.kuparinen@xxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.4.0 boot failure
From: Thomas Schwinge <tschwinge@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:59:55 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 05:42:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 09:09:11PM +0200, I wrote:
> Re
> <http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-05/msg00733.html>
>
>     assign_interrupt_mode Found MSI capability
>     no ownder
>     [System reboots after a few seconds.]
>
> May I ask if / how you got this fixed?  I'm seeing the same issue on a
> recent Debian (testing) system, AMD Sempron CPU.

Hmm, pci=nomsi on the Linux command line did the trick for me.

The Debian system still fails to continue booting to the login prompt,
though: something's wrong in the init machinery, the same thing as
reported on
<http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/msg/04310801bbce6417>,
for example.  The initrds of 2.6.26-2-amd64 and 2.6.26-2-xen-amd64 are
identical (apart form the kernel modules, of course), so it is probably a
kernel configuration issue.  Sigh.

What Linux kernels are people using for the dom0 in Debian?

Regards,
 Thomas