Re: [Xen-users] bash script to create domU's?

To: Israel Garcia <igalvarez@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] bash script to create domU's?
From: J <dreadpiratejeff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 02:32:57 -0400
Cc: Brian Krusic <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>, Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 23:33:47 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=TaAE8ATc6H7mgXNZlITov99bzJV6Hezb1Rk+Pbl5Qlc=; b=dk9+J2h6DOf0vf8M8Log8CuvdnwlUpKoIO/VIATe09VUaB+LfBpKiAfInCGNXxYFgX ko+HVkrT77iu5gJNifZtuSgTOCyrwWM6snIUjDaoeaIpxBetkZMFNbssENMjXxST95Oa qmKgM+VgKSgITdAEPFMcGcfOJlZr54THeHgFY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 22:26, Israel Garcia <igalvarez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/16/09, Brian Krusic <brian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> mebbe xen-tools will work for you?
>>
>> http://www.xen-tools.org/software/xen-tools/
>>
>> - Brian
> Hi Brian,
>
> I use xen-tools to create images, but I'm asling the list for some
> handy, easy script which ask me questions and then create the image...
>
> thanks for your answer.
> regards,
> Israel.

Not sure what OS you're using as the Dom0 system, but Red Hat and SuSE
include virt-install, don't they?  Or is that part of xen-tools.

All you do is run virt-install, and it does exactly what you
described. OR, you can pass everything as an option.  I used this many
times to install multiple VMs via Kickstart or YaST autoinstall.

Jeff

--

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach  - "Even a stopped clock is right twice a
day." -