RE: [Xen-users] Xen and DomU GFS2 data access

To: "Marcos Silva" <marcosfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen and DomU GFS2 data access
From: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:59:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:00:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can have a cluster of dom0 hosts, and you can also have a cluster of domU
hosts.  (We have both.  Our dom0 cluster runs CLVM, and our domU cluster runs
GFS.)

However that by itself does not allow a dom0 and and domU to share storage,
unless they are part of the same cluster.  I haven't tried to build a cluster
of mixed physical/paravirt hosts, and I can imagine it would be tricky to do
correctly.

Alternatively, you could share the GFS2 filesystem with a domU over NFS.