Re: [Xen-users] Problems installing Windows domU on XEN 3.2

To: Velten Spägele <xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problems installing Windows domU on XEN 3.2
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 05:28:06 +0700
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:28:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2009/10/1 Velten Spägele <xen@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> i tried to install Windows Server 2003 on XEN3.2 but i didn't get a VNC
> Connection. Seems that the VNC wasn't started, but i don'T know

> vnc=1
> vncviewer=1

That config should make the server spawn a vncviewer. Might not be
what you want if you're remotely connected without X forwarding. I
prefer to remove "vncviewer" line and connect manually.

Anyway, you can find its vnc port and connect to it manually. Make
sure domU is already started (xm list), and use one of

- xenstore-ls /local/domain/<domain_id>/console
- virsh vncdisplay <domain_name_or_id>
- virsh dumpxml <domain_name> | grep vnc
- virt-viewer <domain_name>
- xm -l <domain_name> | grep 59
- netstat -an | egrep "(59)(.*)(LISTEN)"

replace <domain_name> (or id) with the values of your domU.

Also, I believe it's safe to remove all reference to ioemu from your
config file. In fact, you must remove it if you plan to use GPLPV

--
Fajar