Re: [Xen-users] streaming server on a virtual machine.

Brian Krusic wrote:
Ah, this leads me to my next ?

Do VMs need exclusive access to disk or can I have a common space on the dom0 with multiple domUs accessing it via phy mechanism?

Hi Brian,

Yes. Dom0 uses LVM and passes through LVs to the paravirts. All domUs share a single /usr partition that is mounted read only.

    'phy:vg0/usr,hda2,r'

There has never been a problem that I've noticed and I have been doing this since 3.0.2-2. (you can tell by the "hda" disk name :)

Mike Wright