Re: [Xen-users] xen and SAN.

> In my case, I want to use 3 physical servers and 1 SAN to manage 10-15
> virtual servers.
>
> What is the best solution : ISCSI (1Gb/s) or Fibre Channel (4Gb/s)?

That depends on your needs.  I'm personally skittish about passing disk
blocks over ethernet and prefer FC, but it's expensive and if you
believe [some of] the pundits, everything is going to ethernet
eventually anyway.  I think it's still safe to say though that at this
time, if you need really reliable disk at theoretically-higher
performance and you can afford it, go with FC.

> What kind of device are you using ?

4Gb/s FC to EMC DMX-3 and IBM DS-4700 through Brocade fabrics.

> For the moment,  I'm interesting  about HP technologies with
> bladesystem c3000 and msa2324.

FWIW, our experience with HP's blades has been less than thrilling,
wouldn't recommend them.  We have a few (5) of IBM's BladeCenters though
and we've been extremely happy with them.  I think they're more
expensive up-front (?) but well worth it.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer