Re: [Xen-users] which is the best way to setup DomU's kernel location

To: Ian Murray <murrayie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] which is the best way to setup DomU's kernel location
From: Ady Deac <ady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 23:07:15 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:08:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ian,

I see you know all about running Xen kernels. You don't even consider any advice from me at least. Then what is the purpose of your question? You asked for our opinions, but you consider yours to be the best.

I've told you to build your own static domU kernels because in case you upgrade the dom0 kernel you need to update the domU's modules as well. For 1-2 domU's that's fine, but do that for 2000-3000!

Good luck with your strong beliefs!