[Xen-users] RE: xen - rdma live migration support

To: <Ola.Torudbakken@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: xen - rdma live migration support
From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:03:31 +0100
Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:04:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ola,

There was some code done by IBM a few years ago in conjunction with a
University that worked and showed the benefits but AFAIK it was never
integrated into Xen. The research paper is around on the web.

A few of us requested RDMA migration support for version 4.0 and it is at the
top of the request list, I suspect it is probably a case of enough people
asking and Citrix approving.
http://www.xen.org/products/xen_roadmap.html

Rob