Re: [Xen-users] xen out to lunch...

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 15:16 -0400, James Pifer wrote:
> I occasionally have problems with my xen services hanging. One of my
> sles10sp2 xen servers has been up for 79 days. It shares an OCFS2 data
> volume with two other servers. Today I needed to replace one of the sles
> domU's with a fresh sles install.
>
> The sles domU was shut down from within the domU. I went to virt manager
> and it was stuck. I tried closing it and my only option was to force it
> closed, which I did. Now when I restart it, it just hangs and can't
> connect to xen. Similarly if I try to do 'xm list' it also hangs.
>
> My only recourse is to restart the server when this happens. It happens
> enough to be a PITA. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?
>
> xen is version 3.2.0_16718_18-0.3 and the server has a dozen or so sles
> and windows domUs.

virt-manager actually did finally connect. I went back to it after
writing the message above and it had connected. Maybe the server was
really busy at the time, not sure.

I have had the above happen where it never returned, especially xm list,
so I'm curious if anyone else has had that happen.

Thanks,
James