Re: [Xen-users] domU static IP

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Viswanath
Durbha<Durbha.Viswanath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was able to assign the IP address to domU by modifying the ifcfg-eth0
> file. But I was just wondering what is this the best practice? How about
> environments where servers are frequently brought up and down to scale an
> application? Isn't it better to write down IP addresses in the configuration
> once and then not worry about editing ifcfg-eth0 everytime?
>
> Please share your thoughts.

IMHO in most scenarios it's best to treat domUs like any other machine
on your network.

For your particular type of need I'd be using dhcp, possibly with
persistent allocation. That way I can manage IPs from a centralized
location (the dhcp server) and it works for both virtual and physical
machines.

--
Fajar