Re: [Xen-users] Xen and I/O Intensive Loads

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen and I/O Intensive Loads
From: Daniel Mealha Cabrita <dancab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:37:58 -0300
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:40:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
250 users normally is no big deal for an e-mail server, even a virtualized
one, though I don't know how GroupWise behaves.

I suggest you to change your domU IO scheduler to minimize dom0-domU IO
latency impact:

BLAH: your domU block device.
$ echo deadline > /sys/block/BLAH/queue/scheduler
And play with the settings inside /sys/block/BLAH/queue/

About dom0, I don't know about your storage and RAID setup so it might (or
might not) be a good idea to try to reduce the latency between dom0-storage:

BLAH: your FC device paths (sda, sdb ... sdaa, sdab etc)
$ echo noop > /sys/block/BLAH/queue/scheduler

--
 Daniel Mealha Cabrita
 Divisao de Suporte Tecnico